- Material Pillars
- GRI & Assurance
Material Pillars - Sustainability Governance
Sanlam Sustainability Report 2011
- Developed a Sustainability Management Framework to provide a more structured and co-ordinated approach to sustainability that is more closely aligned to our core business strategy, and that provides for our most material sustainability risks and opportunities across our sphere of influence.
- Developing a more co-ordinated stakeholder management strategy and action plan.
- Completed a stakeholder mapping exercise that prioritises stakeholders and assigns executive responsibility for managing those relationships.
- Conducted our fifth independent assessment of the ethical culture and risks in the Sanlam Group, finding an overall favourable perception of Sanlam's approach to encouraging ethical conduct, with a significant majority of employees expressing their belief in the integrity of the board and the Group CE.
- Effectively implementing the SMF and ensuring the integration of sustainability throughout the organisation will be an ongoing challenge.
- Building awareness around sustainability and its connection to the ability of the Group to create and sustain value in the long term.
- Devoting adequate time and resources to managing relationships with priority stakeholders.
- Coordinating the effective provision of ethics training to all employees.